Diesel Electric Locomotive 1181
This was the last of 12 of the 1170 series made by Walkers Limited Maryborough with serial No. 69 and put into service by Queensland Rail on 25th May 1958.
They were popularly known as 'Paw Paws' after a racehorse and spent most of their working lives based at Townsville.
The 1181 with serial No. 69 was later sold to Sunnymount Mines at Lappa. After the mine shut down it was auctioned off and purchased by a Mareeba scrap dealer. It was then used by a tourist railway organisation and was one of the last trains to use the Forsayth line. It finished up in Atherton from where after some years it was towed to Herberton where it is to be restored.